At Forest Gate Academy we believe that each child is an individual with the right to an education that meets their needs and we fully support the Every Child Matters Agenda. We aim to achieve this in an atmosphere of security and mutual respect, without stress or anxiety through:
- Providing a welcoming environment for children and parents.
- Developing enquiring, imaginative and creative minds.
- Helping children to acquire knowledge, skills and practical abilities to use in a variety of situations.
- Developing self discipline, whether applied to learning or in relationships with other members of the community.
- Valuing and appreciating the work of others and to become increasingly able to function as a member of a group.
- Planning learning experiences which will take each child forward with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Providing strong foundations in basic skills of reading, language, numeracy science and ICT.
- Encouraging empathy with others whatever their race, sex, colour or creed.
- Helping children to better understand the world they live in and to appreciate their ability to contribute to, and have a responsibility towards the environment.
- Promoting a moral sense and code of behaviour that takes into account the school community and, in turn, the community at large.
As a school we realise that we cannot do this alone, but rely on the support and involvement of parents, governors and the wider school community.